The flow of news and information is no longer solely dependent on the "six o'clock news" or the daily newspaper. The evolution of cable tv, the internet, the cell phone and the smart phone has made the 24 hour news cycle even more accessible. While this news cycle can be overwhelming at times, there are important benefits to being connected.
1) 87% of American adults own a cell phone. (Source: Pew Research Center)
2) 51% of mobile traffic is sent from mobile video. (Source: Cisco)
3) 29% of Americans say their phone is the first and last thing they look at every day. (Source: Qualcomm)
4) 31% of adults own a tablet device. (Source: Pew Research Center)
5) 44% of cell phone users have slept with their cell phone by their side so they didn’t miss a notification. (Source: Pew Research Center)
The city of Mauldin recognizes the importance of using emergency notification systems or email newsletters to reach our citizens. The most effective way to reach citizens, emergency or non-emergency, is via wireless devices such as tablets and smart phones. Often times we partner with other local agencies, like the Sheriff's Office or the County's Emergency Management, to provide a comprehensive alert system.
Please visit our "Public Information" page under the "Residents" tab on our website or click here to find out what notification services the city uses.