Trash Pickup & Recycling
The City offers weekly trash removal and yard debris pick up throughout the year to our residents and businesses.
City-approved trash receptacles and recycling bins can be purchased by residents and businesses by contacting our office. Green street trash cans (for residential waste) are $65 new and blue recycling bins are $25 each.
See specific requirements below for more information.
2017 Holiday Trash Pick Up Schedule
If Your Trash Day Is...
We Will Pick Up On...
|New Year's Day
||Monday, January 2
||Tuesday, January 3
||Monday, January 16
||Tuesday, January 17
||Friday, April 14
||Monday, April 17
||Monday, May 29
||Tuesday, May 30
||Tuesday, July 4
||Wednesday, July 5
||Monday, September 4
||Tuesday, September 5
||Friday, November 10
||Monday, November 13
||Thursday, November 23
||Monday, November 27
||Friday, November 24
||Tuesday, November 28
||Monday, December 25
||Wednesday, December 27
||Tuesday, December 26
||Thursday, December 28
|New Year's Day (2018)
||Monday, January 1, 2018
||Tuesday, January 2, 2018
Download the Holiday Trash Pick Up Schedule
*EFFECTIVE MARCH 21, 2016: GLASS WILL NO LONGER BE COLLECTED AS A RECYCLABLE MATERIAL.
Regular Household Waste
- The green rollout container must be used for storage and disposal of household garbage. Do not place yard waste (soil, sod, grass, leaves, clippings, limbs, etc.) in the rollout container.
- The rollout container and its care are each resident’s responsibility. It should be cleaned regularly and kept closed to keep out water. Store the container beside or behind the house or in an enclosure.
- On your weekly collection day, place the container along the curb or edge of street prior to 7:30 AM, but no earlier than 7:30 PM on the night before. Remove and store the container from the street by 7:30 PM on collection day. The front of the container must face the street with the hinge and wheels toward the house, and it must not be obstructed by objects such as fences, mailboxes, vehicles, etc.
- Poisons, combustive materials (concrete, lumber, bricks, etc.), acids, caustics, petroleum based products and other dangerous materials shall not be placed in the rollout container.
- Loose garbage, car batteries, construction materials (concrete, lumber, bricks, etc.), carpet and carpet padding are considered non-collectable items and must be legally disposed of by the resident.
- Grass and small hedge trimmings must be bagged and placed at the curb for pickup.
- Leaf machines operate year round. Loose leaves may be placed at the curb or edge of street to be vacuumed. Catch basins, inlets, and gutters should be kept free of leaves and debris.
- Limited amounts of tree limbs and bush trimmings will be collected by the city. Materials shall be piled as neatly as possible. Limbs are to be no larger than 6 feet in length and 6 inches in diameter.
- Soil, sod, and other excavated material will not be collected.
- Yard waste produced and collected by contractors who work for city residents must be disposed of by the contractor.
- The recycling container – either blue bin or blue rollcart – shall be used for all recycling items.
- Place the recycling container next to your green rollout container on the morning of collection
- Items that Can Be Recycled
- EFFECTIVE MARCH 21, 2016: GLASS WILL NO LONGER BE COLLECTED AS A RECYCLABLE MATERIAL.
- Containers that need to be replaced due to normal wear and tear, abuse, or theft are the responsibility of the resident (Mauldin Municipal Code of Ordinances Section 34.5(c)).
- Rollout containers and recycling bins may be purchased in the Business & Development Services Department at City Hall located at 5 East Butler. For more information on purchasing waste and recycling containers, call Mauldin’s Department of Public Works at (864) 289-8904.
- Any resident who is physically unable to place the containers at the curb will receive “at the house” service from the city. Any resident requesting this service must provide a note from his or her doctor..
Christmas Tree Recycling
Recycle your Christmas Tree with the City of Mauldin!
- Remove all decorations, lights, tinsel and garland.
- Drop your tree off at Springfield Park.