Special Event Application


Hosting an event on public property?

When using a public park or green space for a special event, approval is required. Applications must be submitted for events such as: parades, walks, road races, demonstrations, protests, fairs, festivals, fundraisers, public gatherings, concerts, performances, etc.

The application must be approved before your event can be held. It must be submitted no later than thirty (30) days prior to your event date, although we highly recommend submitting well before then. Note that applicable permit fees and rental rates may apply to your event.


Choosing a Space

For information about hosting an event at a public park or sports field, please contact Darlene Franklin | Email | 864.335.4860.

For information about hosting an event at the Mauldin Cultural Center or the Mauldin Outdoor Amphitheater, please contact Keira Kitchings | Email | 864.335.4862.

Submitting Your Application

All applications may be mailed to:

City of Mauldin - Special Events
PO Box 249
Mauldin, SC 29662

For questions regarding the event application process or to submit your application via email, please select the proper City contact:

Keira Kitchings, Coordinator, Community Development Department
p. 864.335.4862

Amy Gregory, Permit Facilitator, Business Development Department
General Permitting Questions, Building Permits 

Special Event Insurance

For events held on public property, you are required to obtain liability insurance that names you and the City of Mauldin as co-insured. This policy can be obtained through a private broker, or through the City of Mauldin's TULIP website, as detailed below.

The City of Mauldin offers optional liability insurance for those utilizing public property for a special event.  The Tenant User Liability Insurance Program (TULIP) is a low-cost insurance policy that protects both the "tenant user" and the City of Mauldin.  You may purchase this one-time, event-specific insurance online by following the directions below.  

Insurance must be obtained before a special events application is approved. You can submit your application before you purchase insurance, but it will not be approved until proof of insurance is received.

For questions or assistance, please call (864) 335-4862.

Instructions for purchasing insurance through TULIP:

1) Verify your event details including dates, times, type of event, expected attendance, etc.

2) Visit this website:  https://tulip.onebeaconentertainment.com/e/tulip/apply.aspx

3) Type in the ID code for Mauldin: 0501-678.  The "City of Mauldin" should appear in the lower part of the screen, at which point you can advance in the process.

4) Proceed to fill out the TULIP form filling in pertinent event details.

5) You will be given a quote for your event insurance. You may then decide whether or not to purchase the policy through the TULIP website, or at this point you can also opt to reach out to a private broker on your own for additional quotes (although TULIP is almost always cheaper).

6) Proceed to purchase the insurance, following the instructions on the website.  After you are done, PRINT out your confirmation and attach it to your Special Events Application when submitted.

Alcohol Service

Alcohol service is permitted on city property, but only with approval of an Alcohol Request Form and compliance with the City's Alcohol Policy. Click the links below to read the Policy and download the Request Form.  Be sure to contact the appropriate venue and/or City Department before submitting your request.

Requests must be made no fewer than ten (10) days before the date of the event. Submission does not guarantee approval. You must submit the request to the Department that oversees the property you wish to host your event on. 

Most events much purchase Liability Insurance and name the City of Mauldin as co-insured.  If your event is required to purchase an insurance policy, follow the steps above to purchase from our TULIP program. Class II, Class III, and Class IV events are required to purchase a policy, while Class I events may be required depending on the nature of the event (see the Alcohol Policy to see which Class your event falls under or contact our staff).