Permits & Fees

Building Permits

The Building and Zoning Department would like to inform all residents that a building permit is required before starting construction of any new structure, addition or alteration to an existing structure, before adding, altering, or replacing any electrical, plumbing, or fuel gas distribution system, and before adding or replacing any water heater, space heater, or air conditioning equipment. Contractors performing any such work must be properly licensed, bonded, and insured, and must have the permit in hand prior to commencement of the work. All work must conform to the the International Building Codes as adopted by the State of South Carolina and the City of Mauldin. It is important that the homeowner ensure that they use only properly licensed contractors with appropriate permits to protect their investment, avoid scam artists, insure that the work that they are paying for is done properly and safely, and to avoid having their homeowners insurance company deny a claim if there is a loss and they have not used a licensed contractor and had the necessary inspections.


Business Development & Services Department Fees


Permit Applications

Residential Application |  Commercial Application

Small Commercial Application  |  Temporary Sign Application

Commercial Building Permit Amendment  |  Trades Application

Permanent Sign  |  Roof & Demo Application

Zoning Application  |  Floodplain Development Permit Application

2015 Home Occupation BL Application  |  Temporary Use Application

Submittal Requirements - Solar Panel Installations (Residential)

For a list of current incentives offered by Mauldin and other area entities, click here.